With Gmail’s password-protected emails, you can rest assured that your emails are safe and secure.
- Open Gmail on your computer
- Click on Compose.
- In the bottom right of the window, click Turn on confidential mode.
- In case you’ve already turned on confidential mode for an email, go to the bottom of the email, then click Edit.
- Now, set an expiration date and passcode.
- These settings impact both the message text and any attachments
- If you opt for “No SMS passcode,” this means recipients using the Gmail app will be able to open it directly. However, those who do not use Gmail will receive a passcode via email
- On the other hand, selecting “SMS passcode” implies that recipients will receive a passcode via text message. It is essential to ensure that you enter the phone number of the recipient, not your own.
- After this, click Save and send the email